Inspiring Spaces for the Future
At Barnett Ratcliffe Partnership Ltd. we understand the increasingly damaging impact that we as the human population are having on our planet and its resources. For this reason, we strive to minimise any negative impacts that our work may create by fostering responsible environmental behaviour amongst our staff and users at all levels.
In our work it should be noted that no client, architect or contractor can deliver a sustainable building without the team as a whole paying attention to the process from inception through to handover and subsequent management.
We undertake sustainable building designs with the aims of delivering end projects which are built to the highest quality and functional standards. We believe that the end product should strive to achieve and maintain maximum environmental and social benefits with costs considered for the whole life cycle of the building. This is vital to ensure that the investment can be properly maintained.
If planned and implemented correctly, sustainable building designs can:
- Reduce the impact of future legislation, including the need for expensive retrofits.
- Lower the risks of vandalism by designing out crime.
- Encourage social inclusion and avoid problems with staff productivity which is often linked to the quality of the working environment.
- Improve patient recovery rates in hospitals and student exam results in schools due to the provision of natural ventilation, daylight and landscaping.
- Save money by reducing maintenance costs due to the provision of a high quality, durable product.
- Enhance profitability and income by improving recruitment figures and attracting additional customers due to the quality of the design and working environment.
Innovative Designs to Reduce Running Costs
In our experience of implementing sustainable methods we believe that little offers better results than ‘designing tight and insulating right’. This means effectively ensuring that buildings are draught free and highly insulated spaces. Within our recent project portfolio we have introduced a number of successful sustainable design tools to improve the green credentials of properties and to also reduce future running costs.
If you would like more information about how we can help you, or you would like to discuss a sustainability project in detail, please contact us today, a member of our team will be more than happy to help.